Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week I will share a list based on the topic provided by The Broke and the Bookish.
Enjoy and please feel free to join me, I’d love to hear your own lists on whatever topics are featured.
Top Ten Bookish Resolutions
1. Read a 105 books this year. I don’t know why but for some reason I entered a reading challenge where I chose to read 105 books this year. This is going to be a busy year; personally and book-wise.
2. Expand my vocabulary by at least 15 words: With every book I read, I hope to come across at least 2 words that I do not understand, hopefully more than once so the definitions will stick.
3. Read at least 20 physical books. I’ve been an e-book junky for the last year and a half. I want to get back into the habit of holding a book in my hands, feeling the paper under my fingers as I turn the page.
4. Read a title and Smile: I will input the titles of the books I’ve read this year in a jar. By the start of next year I will go through my jar, read the titles of the books I’ve read and see how many make me smile.
5. Read at least 2 books out of my genre comfort zone. I’ve read everything but thrillers, actions, horror and mystery novels. If you have any great recommendations PLEASE let me know.
6. Join a non-internet affiliated book club. I am currently a part of two internet book clubs. Maybe its time I went out and joined the real world in this aspect.
7. Finish a book even if I don’t want to Many times I’ve come across a book that I just had to put down. I will strive to not stop mid book.
8. Read a book from an author I am unfamiliar with What are some of your favorite authors?
9. Read at least one classic
10. Resolution for you! Read at least 3 books this year before the movie!