Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week we will share a list based on the topic provided by The Broke and the Bookish.
Enjoy and please feel free to join me, I’d love to hear your own lists on whatever topics are featured.
January 10, 2017: Top Five 2016 Releases I Meant To Read But Didn’t Get To (But TOTALLY plan to)
This year I thought I would do something more manageable than Top Ten and do my Top Five instead.
1. Diary of a Girl by Moira Mugweni Release date December 31, 2016 I’ve written about this book in a prior post, Review: Diary of a Fat Girl. I’ve been meaning to read the minute it came out in December but it never did. So, now I am checking in periodically to see when it has been released.
2. The Billionaires Favorite Mistake by Jessica Clare Release date June 21, 2016 Honestly, I totally forgot about this series, it’s on a my TBR pile, albeit a version titled “series continuations” basically where I put all the series I need to continue reading but am waiting for the next book. This series Billionaires and Bridesmaids is a spin-off of The Billionaires Boys Club whose reviews I’ve done in the past.
3. Brotherhood In Death (In Death#42) by J.D. Robb Release date February 2, 2016 As long J.D. Robb, aka Nora Roberts keeps writing this series they will continue to make an appearance in my posts. I just can’t get enough, and you might think #42 in a series is a lot, which it is, but you don’t even notice. The future as she describes it is so real, I can fully imagine it coming to fruition I so hope it does. The character development is spectacular from Eve and Roarke to the most supportive of characters, Captain Feeney. Clearly I need to make a separate post for this.
4. That Baby (That Boy #3) by Jillian Dodd Release date August 10, 2015 Okay, so I admit that this one didn’t come out in 2015 but I fully intended on reading it in 2016. I don’t generally go for books where the MC has to choose between two men but this series was angst filled. It was sweet and lovely, and I really want to finish the series this year.
5. Some Sort of Love (Happy Crazy Love #3) by Melanie Harlow Release date February 9, 2016 The Frenched series was really cute, so when I saw Melanie Harlow had another series coming out, I knew I had to read it. Some Sort of Happy was good, 4 stars good, can I remember what it’s about? Not really, so yes, I will re-read and review for later. And, in the meantime, get my hands on the other two books in the series. 😀
I must say going back into my TBR pile and just rooting around my Goodreads has inspired me. There are so many books that I absolutely loved, I need to go back and re-read some of them and post reviews of the ones I’ve already read. I don’t think I’ve ever been so excited for a re-read before.
How has this weeks Top Ten inspired you? What are your Top Ten?