Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week we will share a list based on the topic provided by The Broke and the Bookish.
Enjoy and please feel free to join me, I’d love to hear your own lists on whatever topics are featured.
May 13: Ten Books I Almost Put Down But Didn’t
1. All the Pretty Lies by M. Leighton I thought about it Sloane didn’t seem mentally mature enough for me. I didn’t put it down though, I’m not sure if I regret it or not.
3. Simply Irresistible by Rachel Gibson This book took me back to 1998 literally. I wanted to put it down for that purpose alone. I’m glad I didn’t.
5. Seduction and Snacks by Tara Sivec I wish wish I had put this book down t I’ve never read a character that I hated the minute they were introduced. Maggie’s whole personality was so off every time she spoke or thought pissed me off.
6. Fallen Crest Series by Tijan I still can’t believe I kept picking this book up again and not just one but the entire series and although I don’t like it ALL that much, I’m waiting for the new one to come out so I can read that too… Sometimes I’m not even sure I know what’s going on. *SIGH*
7. Sweet Thing by Renée Carlino I put this down for 4 months and then I picked it up again, it counts right? I’m glad I finished. It was one of those books that filled a whole inside of me, without me having to like the MC (that’s just a bonus).
8. Brutally Beautiful by Christine Zolendz A long book highly descriptive book. I don’t know how I made it through.
9. Bully by Penelope Douglas I don’t tolerate bullying. But I continued to read it anyways. I didn’t like how it ended. I would have been more upset had I not finished it.
10. Beautifully Broken Mess by Kimberly Lauren This is the Big Kahuna of Almost Put Down But Didn’t. I didn’t like Audrey from her brief appearance in the first book and as a result I wasn’t even going to pick this one up. But I did. And then I tried to put it down because I didn’t like her. Boy was I wrong! She was just misunderstood, we’re all a little misunderstood aren’t we. Aren’t we?!
What books did you almost put down? Are you glad you didn’t?