Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week we will share a list based on the topic provided by The Broke and the Bookish.
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week I will share a list based on the topic provided by The Broke and the Bookish. Enjoy and please feel free to join me, I’d love to hear your own lists on whatever topics are featured.
May 20: Top Ten Books About Friendship
I am really excited about this one. There have been so many books that I cam across that I had to message me best friend and be like, “this is us!”
So here are 10 books that remind me of my best friend and our friendship.
1. Gemma Doyle Series by Libba Bray I pestered my friend to read this series. It’s a beautiful story about unlikely friendship that sparks more from desire of power and slowly morphs into something more.
2. Searching Series by Jennifer Probst Isn’t it great to have girlfriends that hit you up-side the head with common sense when needed? Or try their hand at matchmaking to the guy you’re secretly crushing on when you told them not to but they don’t listen? Or when they’re in your corner rooting for you to find your HEA because they love you? It is.
3. Hopeless by Colleen Hoover I’m Sky and my best friend is Six. Personality wise, I’m Six and my bff is Sky, but really we just trade-off, we’re so much of both, we can’t exactly say for sure whose who. Great book that makes you appreciate your friend.
4. Rebecca Donovan’s Breathing Series. This is kind of bad but the whole time I was reading this book I couldn’t help but think that my best friend is better than Emma’s best friend. There is no way she or I would have let the other put up with that much shit, and for what?!
5. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares Yes, this book is all about friendship and whatnot BUT the only thing I got out of it was the awesomeness of being able to wear your bffs clothes and vice-verse, it’s like having two closets and for a girl, that is the bees-knees.
6. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins I know it’s more of a male/female love gesture (in the books) but my bff and I already talked about it and if we are ever in a last man standing situation we’d definitely eat the berries together…after I made sure was dead. 😛
7. Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier “You are my Leslie is every way! You’ve put me first, you’ve helped me find solutions when I didn’t think any were possible and you’ve always stood by me even when I lost faith in myself.” – BFFTWH
8. Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White Although we’re best known for putting each other down (all in good fun), when we need a pick me up it’s always genuine and always leaves the other misty eyed and sentimental. See #7
9. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling How many people can say they have one friend let alone 2 that they know would do absolutely anything for them? I have 3, which I never thought possible and if they ever need me, I’ll run in the opposite direction. 😀
10. The book I’m going to write about us. It’s called BFFTWH aka Best Friends Forever That We Hate.
What books remind you of your friends or best friend?