Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week we will share a list based on the topic provided by The Broke and the Bookish.
Enjoy and please feel free to join me, I’d love to hear your own lists on whatever topics are featured.
April 22: Top Ten Characters Who Piss Me Off
I guess cause I like to think of characters as real people who I would want to be-friend. These guys did not make the Friendship Cut.
1. Off the Record – Liz Dougherty I’ve never read about someone who complains so much about a mutual agreed upon
circumstance and who is too cautious or timid to change said circumstance. You have no valid reason to be such a whiner Liz.
2. Wake For Me – Sam Yes, this was an ARC but regardless Sam is spineless, lacking in man parts despite his killer body and fails to believe in his partner. Shame on him.
3. Checkmate (Neighbor Form Hell) Rory AND Connor I was so mad at these two and their childishness (which was no longer entertaining after a while) I wanted to reach through the pages and BANG their heads together. I settled for DNF instead. I am not proud of it but I could not continue.
4. Take This Regret – Elizabeth Ayers Here is a heroine who is irrational and emotional to point of utter and complete annoyance when it came to her child. You’re making a big deal where there is no need for one.
5. Maggie – Fish in the Sea I’ve been annoyed my characters, I’ve even yelled at a few, but I’ve never read a character that I hated the minute they were introduced. Maggie’s whole personality was so off every time she spoke or thought pissed me off.
6. Everyone – Fallen Crest Series Everyone in this series pissed me off at one point or another. When I look back at my review I get pissed off even more. Sometimes I’m not even sure I know what’s going on. You know what I mean? And for some reason I keep reading the series.
7. Mia Kelly – Sweet Thing This: “It annoyed me that she was a girl who swooned over musicians. I briefly wondered if we could continue our friendship.” It would have been okay but it didn’t stop there, she made snide comments (thoughts) like that throughout the book.
8. Harlow Manning – Take a Chance This is pretty trivial I can admit that, but when I’m reading I don’t to hear my inner voice saying “Daddy” I’m a grown woman and so is Harlow. Daddy when your 5 is okay, Daddy when you’re 20, not okay.
9. Jared – Bully I don’t tolerate bullying. Tormenting someone you have feelings for when you’re no longer children is cruel and just cruel. I hate him and I don’t see how to Tate can forgive him. Don’t forgive him Tate! Be Strong!
10. All Wishy-washy female characters who swoon at the sight of the love interest and lose all sense.
Reviews from a BookwormApril 24, 2014 at 06:27
Great topic, all these characters and books are new to me this week. Daddy is so not okay when you’re an adult, I hate that in books too. IT’S DAD! I picked characters who I want to slap, mostly because they piss me off as well lol. Here’s my TTT
sashwilsonApril 24, 2014 at 09:48
Thank you! I figured it was the norm or something, why else write Daddy? 🙂
Great list! I enjoyed it immensely!
I literally just finished a book where the character got dumped and moped around for a good 6 months. I don’t think any woman does that after a break up. Or maybe they do cus Bella went off the deep end too 😛
Happy Reading! 😀
lissietApril 22, 2014 at 20:07
Great list! All of these books are new to me, so I am excited to read about characters that are written well to really piss you off!
Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings
sashwilsonApril 22, 2014 at 21:53
haha thanks! Enjoy! 🙂
ShootingStarsReviews (@ShootingStarsRe)April 22, 2014 at 16:00
This is a good topic. I totally agree with you on Jared, and the Checkmate book. And for Fallen Crest series, seriously the way it is continuing I’m getting pissed of about a lot of things people are doing. Namely MASON, and SAM. GRRRR. 🙂
My Top Ten Tuesday
Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews
IsaApril 22, 2014 at 08:57
What a beautiful ragey post. \o/ Couldn’t agree more on #10.
sashwilsonApril 22, 2014 at 12:24
Thank you so much!
anotherafterthoughtApril 22, 2014 at 03:36
Though I haven’t read any of these, preach on!
joey via. thoughts and afterthoughts
ChrissiReadsApril 22, 2014 at 00:51
Brilliant list! I need to check out some of these books. Good to know there’s some really irritating characters though. I have been warned…
sashwilsonApril 22, 2014 at 01:31
haha yes you have. When you do, let me know what you think! I doubt you’ll be as annoyed as I was.
Girl In the PagesApril 22, 2014 at 00:41
#10 is spot on hahaha
sashwilsonApril 22, 2014 at 00:42
Thank you! I had to put it out there 😉
Alison DohertyApril 22, 2014 at 00:25
I haven’t read any of these books yet. Maybe I should stay away if I don’t want to get pissed off.
sashwilsonApril 22, 2014 at 00:27
Most of them were ones I couldn’t bring myself to finish. I probably skipped a few chapters. But I’m pretty sensitive. Lack of common sense upsets me haha