Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week we will share a list based on the topic provided by The Broke and the Bookish.
November 14: Top Five Books I Want My Niece and Nephews to Read
The following books are books that I read as a kid—some of them anyway. I really want my nieces and nephews to read these books because they were important pieces of my childhood.
1. The Wonderful Pigs of Jillian Jiggs Something I remember reading as a kid and even making some of the puppet pigs. It would be something I would love to experience with my young nieces and nephews.
2. Something from Nothing A blanket changes shapes over time, literally making something from the nothing left over from what it used to be. A beautiful story who’s premise resided in my heart.
3. Paul Bunyan Pancakes, a tall man and a big blue ox named Babe. But the take away from this…Pancakes!
4. James and the Giant Peach A boy, a worm, a grasshopper, a centipede, a lady bug, a lightning bug, and a spider all floating around the world in a peach and landing in NY, need I say more?
5. Trumpet of the SwanI actually had my two nieces read this book. There was a lesson to be learned and it’s not just that a Swan can learn to play the trumpet. They loved it!
Aj @ Read All The Things!November 14, 2017 at 16:10
YES! I loved Roald Dahl as a kid. His books are so much fun.
ericarobynNovember 14, 2017 at 08:00
ChrissiReadsNovember 14, 2017 at 00:48
You really can’t beat Roald Dahl! 🙂 I have a few of his books on my list this week too!