Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week we will share a list based on the topic provided by The Broke and the Bookish.
Top Five Underrated/Hidden Gem Books I’ve Read
1. Still Life with Strings by L.H. Cosway This is underrated to me, I haven’t been around the book community for a while, kinda just doing my thing and came across this hidden gem (haha). This was the first of L.H Cosway and was pleasantly surprised. If you like the arts and music with a great family, slow love then this is a great read.
2. Lovelines by S. Walden Guys! This book was unexpectedly amazing. I am drawn to books with mental disorders, something about how real they are, the struggle of the characters are always so relatable. This one is about a 30-something who suffers from OCD. It’s quirky, charming and just plain cute. If you want more info, check out my review here. It’s the first in a series but it was published in 2014 so I’m not sure if there will be a next one, it reads as a standalone.
3. Skinny Me by Charlene There are mixed reviews about this one and most of the reviews are in the id range. However, I believe this is totally underrated because Jennifer is doing what most women who are unhappy with their body do, they try to change, she’s eating healthy and working out, but it’s not what makes it so great. What makes it great is that you don’t always like Jennifer. I can firmly say that I disliked her throughout most of the book but she was real and raw and honest; and that’s what made this book worth reading. I will post a review later but for those who have read it, please tell me your thoughts.
4. Arouse by Nina Lane If you’re looking for what happens after the HEA, look no further, this series is about love, marriage and what it takes to keep a marriage alive. It was poignant and sweet and real. What happens when one person changes and the other likes the status quo? We follow Olivia and Dean through three glorious books while they try to navigate the shape their relationship is now taking after years of marriage.
5. Neanderthal Seeks Human by Penny Reid I fully believe this was the start of my Penny Reid love, Janie Morris has asperger’s or something, she is uniquely special and it is awesome! To be honest guys, this book got me interested in knitting, so much so that I started my own knitting group.